Saturday, March 16, 2013

On Getting (A Free) Affidavit

I posted a few days ago that I dropped by the new Biñan City Hall to secure myself an affidavit. Mom advised that I go straight to the city hall as it's cheaper there. I had my fair share of affidavit requests on private law offices before and had to pay hundreds of bucks to have that much needed piece of paper. So I heeded the advice and went to this government building.

the new City Hall of Biñan

It was in 2010 (during voter's registration) when I got to see the first inside look of  the building, it wasn't fully operational back then. Either way, it was already impressive and I love its quiet location. This new city hall, reported to be worth P276.583-million is a two-hectare complex, has a floor area of 9,123 square meters with ancillaries costing P80.343-million covering site development, a power house, pump house, cistern and fountain. The new City Hall now caters to increasing demands for services from a booming city in the CALABARZON area as host to Laguna’s major industrial and investment locators.

Requesting for an Affidavit of Discrepancy

An online survey company from Canada sent me a check as a payment for answering their surveys. The check, however, missed my middle name and that leads me to this scenario. I had to request for an affidavit of one and the same person, as instructed by the bank, so I can deposit the check. The information desk at the city hall advised that I get a community tax certificate (aka cedula).

 Community Tax Certificate can be secured at the first floor of the building.

 Uncrowded service area

After they handed me the cedula, I went upstairs to the office of Vice Mayor Arman R. Dimaguila, Jr. There I found out that I can get the affidavit for free! That's good news! The bad news, I didn't know I needed to show them my birth certificate first to get the affidavit. To not waste time, I walked to the nearby Comelec building to see if I can now get my voter's id.


city hall interior


So off I went back the following day with the required document. They handed me an Affidavit of Discrepancy and made my way to the bank. My advice? Next time you'll be needing an affidavit, go straight to your municipal/city hall office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...